Well, I finished the rough draft of the novel I’ve been working on today. I started in the Fall of 2008, put it aside after writing about a hundred pages, then picked it back up this school year.
I estimated it would run about 400 of my pages and 140K words. The file I just sent to my agent is 387 pages, but 140,115 words, so I was a little off in the page count, but the word estimate was pretty close.
This book isn’t under contract, so I probably won’t have news for a while. If you’re a fan, though, and you’re hoping to see this book & this new fantasy series in print, feel free to pray that the story finds a home. My agent will read it and advise me on any revisions or other steps to take before we shop it, and then we’ll see what we’ll see.
If there are developments along the way, I’ll let you know.